A Question Waiting to Be Answered???

Every once in a while we all come across something that we feel encapsulates us or speaks to us. Something that gets at who we are and what we stand for. It may be a book or poem, possibly a song or a movie. I came across something this summer that I feel sums up how I feel as a teacher, educator, and parent and I am happy to share it with you here.

I first saw this quick video over the summer and it immediately struck a chord with me. It is just a quick little video from Google but it sums up in so many ways the way I feel about teaching and our obligation to the future – our students. It is such an exciting feeling to know that the great achievements of our future will be accomplished by the little ones in our classrooms right now.

I am beyond proud to be a part of a school district that has taken so many steps to give our students the opportunities this video talks about. I point to our new STEM and CMA labs at the middle schools. I also point to our 1:1 initiative that is integral to preparing our kids to be successful in the world of the future. To me this video sums up what we mean in our district mission when we say Provide educational experiences of the highest quality that engage, inspire and empower each student to excel and contribute in a changing world. At Kipling we want our students to realize that questions often are more important than the answers as they develop a love of problem solving that will last a lifetime. There is a future to be made amazing and I am reminded of that daily as I watch students in our classrooms learn and grow.

Published inUncategorized

One Comment

1. Stacy Bankier

Loved this! So happy you’ve come to Kipling…looking forward to all the things being done to make our kids those kind of thinkers.